I always try to continue working on updates of TopoToolbox. Updates, however, will mainly comprise tools that I need for my work. If you are developing tools by yourself and you are willing to share them with others, please don’t hesitate to contribute to TopoToolbox. How does it work? Just send me an email with your function, I’ll review it and include it in the next update.
Functions should fulfill following criteria:
- No scripts! If you have a good script that explains a type of analysis you are doing, we could consider including it in the documentation section.
- The function should have a proper function name that doesn’t clash with built in functions of Matlab and common toolboxes.
- H1-line, so that the function can be found by lookfor.
- A comprehensive documentation structured as other functions in the toolbox.
- The code should be commented as much as possible.
- The code should be optimized using vectorization techniques and execute fast and reliably.
- At best, the code should only depend on the Image Processing Toolbox. If other products are required, please notify.
Do you think TopoToolbox is missing important tools, but you are not willing or cannot programme them by yourself, just send me a request. Either I’ll try to work it out by myself or I’ll post it here hoping someone else will do it.