A couple of weeks ago, I covered a series of blog posts about chi maps. This post links to these posts for future reference.
- Part 1: Overview and approach to creating chimaps
- Part 2: Preparing the stream network
- Part 3: The mathematical basis
- Part 4: Finding the right m/n ratio
- Part 5: Plotting the chi-map
In addition, I like to draw your attention to the tool ChiProfiler that has been developed by Sean Gallen from the ETH Zürich. ChiProfiler is based on the TopoToolbox functions and provides a visual interface to stream profile analysis and includes ksn and chi analysis, amongst other. Give it a try!